Friday, October 9, 2009

Birthday Cards One Oh One

Well, sorry for the delay but here are the results of the Birthday Cards Request. Tom and I went out of town the day after my birthday and I have been trying to get caught up at work.This is a picture of 2 kids from my friend Kim's class. She also teaches 2nd grade. Her kids all have the best handwriting!This is the other 2nd grade class that my friend Diane teaches. They all came over and sang Happy Birthday to me. It was so cute.These are the 3 cards that I am giving the most ingenious award to. The first one from the left is from my friend Jill. This card was intended to go to a 5 year old girl but she turned it into a card for a 50 year old girl. The middle one is from my friend Susan. She turned a Thank-you note into a birthday card. And the last one is from my dear husband. He also made this one from paper in his office. The white paper at the bottom of the card is paper towel from the bathroom. Last, but not least, here are all 101 cards that I received. This really touched my heart and I am so grateful to all of you who sent them. It meant so much to me.
**********************************************************

Here are some interesting Birthday Card Statistics......
*Total Cards=101
*1st Card Received= Connie, Linda, Denise (all came on the same day)
*52 Were Handmade
*3 Contained Money(Mom, Tom and Cousin Linda)
*10 Cards from my friend Jill and 9 Cards from my friend Susan
*Got Cards from 5 Different States=Ca, Utah, Idaho, Alabama, and New Jersey
*1 Card Came from a Man(my dear, sweet , wonderful husband) 2 wives signed their husband's name to the card, all the rest came from women, girls and boys










5 comments:

LA Adams said...

This is such a great idea! Way too fun. I think I'll surprise my sister next year when she's least expecting it.
Children can be such sweethearts, hope you are having a great time!

Grandma Honey said...

Hurray for you!!! I was hoping you would take a picture of your cards. 101!!! Wowie!!

Anonymous said...

I want a do over for my 50th birthday.... Yours looks much funner than mine was. Oh well I guess I'll just have to wait until I'm 75. Karen you deserved each and every card.
Love,
Robin

P.S. Isn't "our" daughter Brooke doing well at school?!

Susan said...

How cool! I'm glad you had a wonderful birthday.

cindyrella said...

sweet - glad it was so fun for you!