Here is Mom and Dad on their wedding day. March 24, 1958. Don't they make a cute couple?Not sure when this picture was taken. Probably in Germany in the early 60's. Aren't those 2 kids with her adorable? (David and Karen) This is a picture taken in about 1978 before David left on his mission to South Dakota. Aren't we all just lovely. Ira(Dad) and David in the back row. Nellie(Mom), Billy, Karen in the front row.
Mom in the backyard of our home on Swift in Clovis. She grew all of those things in front of her. The dog is the next-door -neighbor's dog.
**Five Fun Fascinating Facts About Mom**
1. She was in the July 1947 issue of the Children's Friend magazine.
2. She was baptized in the Salt Lake Tabernacle.
3. She is the same age as the San Francisco Bay Bridge.
4. She got her drivers licence in Okinawa.
5. She claims that she has never had a labor pain. She has given birth to 3 children.
Mom /Grandma Nellie is a wonderful lady. She has the best attitude of anyone I know. She is very wise about life. She has helped me a lot. She always thinks of others before herself. She is a great cook. She is the words greatest grandma. She has always wanted to be a grandma. When she was little and they played house, she was always the grandmother. She is a very strong woman. She is a breast cancer survivor of about 20 years!!!
So Happy Birthday Mom/Grandma Nellie. We love you and are so grateful to have you in our family.