Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Walking The Bridge

Living in the Bay Area, there are many bridges one can drive across and of course pay for. Some of the bridges have walking paths on the side. This is the Carquinez(?) Bridge that is not too far from our house. We cross it daily. The part you can walk on is the newer bridge. It was built just before Gray Davis left the governor's office. The walking path is wonderful. Here are some pictures.
The path that leads you up to the bridge.
Almost to the bridge. The bridge on the left is what the old side looked like. It reminds me of an erector set.
On the bridge.
A view of the town of Crockett that is just at the end of the bridge.
A restaurant at the end of the bridge. It is called the Waterfront. There is another on up to the right that is called The Dead Fish.

11 comments:

Susan said...

I left one comment, but not sure if it was received--that wierd thing happened again. Liked the travel tips. The pictures were great. Don't like the name of the restaurant tho--don't think I could eat at a place called "The Dead Fish." Fondly, Susan

Anonymous said...

thats so cool cant to see you tommorw!!!!!!!!:)
-mckenzie

Diane said...

I love bridges and I've always wanted to visit that area. It's on my very long list!

Susan said...

Have you eaten at the Dead Fish? It's actually pretty good and I just love the name. It's so odd.

LA Adams said...

I've only walked the Golden Gate, I'll have to try this one too. Looks very nice. Dead Fish -way too funny. But I'll bet I remember that one longer than the Waterfront.

Pitterle Postings said...

This is beautiful. I totally love the pictures and wish we had water to walk over around here.

Candace said...

I love the restaurant's name....the Dead Fish....now that's unique! Your photos were great. I'm coming to visit one day!

Julie said...

Karen, I am so glad you stopped by. I am sorry I haven't been by for a long time. I missed reading about Daniel and all. Congrats on his graduation, that was so cool. So now what is next for him? I love all the pictures you've shared, thank you.
Take care and have a blessed week!!

XmasDolly said...

Love the pics, and thanks for sharing. Oh yes, and thanks for stopping by.

Grandma Honey said...

I'm with Susan...I couldn't eat at The Dead Fish either!

Tina L. Hook said...

Ooh. You live in a beautiful place.