Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Family Home Repairing

Well, this all started when I went to a bridal shower and people were talking about water bills and how the city sends you a nasty letter if you use more water than you should. One person mentioned that they had received one of these letters. She said it was due to a "running toilet". It made me recall that we have one of those. This is what we had to do so it wouldn't run all the time. However, all the water went out of the tank. So..............
Tom went to Home Depot and bought a kit to install in the toilet. Here he is working hard and doing it. I was impressed that he was reading the instructions.


Here is our newly repaired toilet. Oh, the joys and things that make us happy.
I also got into the "home repair" mode earlier and climbed a ladder and replaced two burned out lights.


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

2 light bulbs in one day? You go girl. I should be so ambitious! For some reason home repair really thrills me to. It's the little things that count right?!
Robin

Susan Rozier said...

YES! Success in the DIY arena! Kudos to both of you! Fondly, Susan

Susan said...

Good job guys. I love having things work around the house.

Grandma Honey said...

My favorite line is: "I was impressed that he was reading the instructions." Gotta love our men!!

Kris said...

Oh, that's great that you documented this Karen! It's great to see a part of daily life in blogs. Sorry I have been MIA lately! Once the kids start school again, I will be much better at being back in a routine! :)

grandmamyrt said...

I'm glad Tom is practicing on your toilet because we have one that has to be fixed in Arizona. We'll take care of that in Oct. By the way, it isn't running now but would if it was flushed.

cindyrella said...

such rebels! i'll bet you can get re-runs of "Tool Time" :-)

Anonymous said...

Gee I need Tom to come fix mine - I've got 1 or 2 that run.
Kim D